Seattle, WA, 98105
Joined on February, 2013
Any day at any time
Up to 10 minutes away for no additional charge
Education2nd year student at the University of Washington, pursuing a mathematics major to hopefully move on to further levels of education.
Experience- Moved to the United States from South Korea when I was twelve(december of 2003) and only took a full year of ESL classes from winter of 5th grade, when I began school in the US, until winter of 6th grade when I began taking regular classes.
- Graduated high school with the full international baccalaureate diploma (GPA of 3.85 out of 4.0)
- raw score of 5 on the standard level IB Calculus exam.
- Took SAT preparatory classes for 6 straight summers from 6th to 12th grade (2 hrs math and 2 hrs reading/writing, 5 days per week)
- perfect 800 score on the math portion of the SATs (composite score of 2150- 800 math, 750 writing, 600 reading)
- completed the first three calculus courses at the University of Washington (MATH 124, 125, 126)
- Currently enrolled in MATH 308, completed MATH 307 in fall of '13
HobbiesI love to play football, soccer, basketball, and other ball-involving sports/activities (golf, tennis, raquetball). I played football from 7th all the way to 12th grade and was the varsity center for our HS football team in my junior and senior years. I also lettered in all four years as a varsity wrestler and competed in the Washington Mat Classics in my senior year. I only started wrestling when I was a freshman and sucked all the way through junior year, but my passion for wrestling really grew when I was voted as senior captain of my team in my last year and won my first ever match at the Tacoma Dome to close my career. I'm going off on this, but I felt like I was on top of the world when I was ranked at 3rd out of everyone in my weight class in that year just days before the state tournament because I lost just about every match during my first three years. I still go to the gym about 5 times a week to keep myself in fit shape; my passion and love for sports truly reflect my desires to improve not only as a person, but as an educator who can really tap into the minds of the students. I will spend hours to find the right information that my students need in order to explain how to approach each complex problem with a step by step process that my students could quickly imitate and utilize.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.