EducationNora works with students at her location in North Greenlake.
Nora graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BA in Anthropology and Environmental Studies from Tufts University (GPA 3.8). In addition to tutoring, Nora works for her company, Test Innovators (ISEEpracticetest.com & SSATpracticetest.com), creating test prep materials and helping parents navigate the test preparation process.
Though she spent 8 years on the East Coast and a year teaching in Japan, Nora grew up in Seattle and is an alum of The Northwest School, The Evergreen School, and Spruce Street School.
Nora is highly recommended by The Northwest School, Seattle Academy of Art and Sciences, Giddens School, The Valley School, and Seattle-based educational consultant, Roger Cibella (www.admissioncounseling.com).
Experience* Founder of ISEEpracticetest.com and SSATpracticetest.com
* 10+ yrs teaching and tutoring experience.
* 9+ yrs teaching SAT/ACT Test Prep
* 8+ yrs writing test prep text books and exams (SAT, ISEE, SSAT, SHSAT, HSPT, ELA)
* ISEE and SAT Test Prep faculty with The Northwest School
* 1 yr teaching English/tutoring Spanish in Japan
* Experience working with students old and young, of diverse racial, cultural, national, socioeconomic, and learning backgrounds (students with various learning differences including ADD, ADHD, dysgraphia, etc.)
HobbiesSoccer, dance, cooking (and eating!), hiking, walking, yoga, and more dance!
For standardized test prep, Nora often coaches students for 1 to 1.5 hours, once a week, for at least 2 months (sometimes for as long as 6 months or a year). She can also meet with students for just a few sessions before a test to build confidence and ensure familiarity with timed sections.
SAT Verbal, ACT, ACT Writing, College Essays, Study Skills, Study Skills And Organization, ISEE, ISEE- Lower Level, ISEE- Middle Level, ISEE- Upper Level, SSAT- Upper Level, SSAT- Middle Level, Middle School Math, Elementary Math, Elementary Algebra, Spanish, PSAT, SAT, SAT Writing, SSAT, SSAT- Elementary Level, SHSAT
Client Reviews (11)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.