Seattle, WA, 98112
Joined on November, 2012
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationBA from Seattle University, majoring in English and minoring in Women Studies
Experience- Seattle University provided me with the skills for tutoring by promoting on hands learning, emphasis on leadership, justice and community ethics. Though I have no tutoring history I have been able to be in classroom experiences that have allowed me put a lot of necessary skills that involve teaching and communication skills.
- I graduated Cum Laude from Seattle University with 3.54 GPA, and feel that I am a competently trained in my field.
- I have taken a range of writing, literature, sociology, history, theology, philosophy, sociology, and women studies courses. I am versed in Early Modern Literature, European, British & American Literature (1500-present), Non-Western Literature.
- I was the Administrator Assistant to Dr. Sharon Cumberland. I organized English Departmental events like the SUURA conference, the Writer’s Reading Series, and English Department Student gatherings. Handled press, catering, and managing events. As well as organizing the English Department’s program, Passport to the Arts—an initiative to promote Seattle University English majors involvement in the city of Seattle’s cultural events.
- I have organized on campus events for the Women & Gender Studies department, creating forums for open and inclusive discussion about gender roles and empowerment.
- I am currently working at Le Panier, a French Bakery in Pike Place Market which has allowed me to expand my understanding of customer service and profession and interpersonal skills.
HobbiesI currently put on cultural events for all ages, in which vendors can sell clothing, trinkets, music, etc. at a DIY (do it yourself) venue while music and art is playing. We aim for a creative space and an inclusive environment.
I still love to read, write, and enjoy film.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.